Friday, June 22, 2007

Tokyo Metropolis

Woke up to fine, clear weather this morning. As Takeo-san said, we could see Mount Fuji from his 14th floor balcony in Ageo City. The view was spectacular, although the mountain didn`t really show up very well in this photo.
Mount Fuji from Uzukas` balcony
After a hearty breakfast, I set off for the final city of my journey - the metropolis of Tokyo. While in Saitama Prefecture, the pavements were still rather wide and easy to ride on, but the moment I entered Tokyo, somehow the pavements immediately became narrower! I guess this is evidence of the severe shortage of space in one of the most crowded cities in the world!
Some familiar names of places in Tokyo
Today is also the day I hit the 2,000km mark of my journey. Its been a long ride - hard at times, but I thank God for blessing me with an exciting yet safe trip.
The 2,000km mark!
After crossing this bridge, I enter Tokyo!
Metropolis of Tokyo - Nerima Ward
Entering Tokyo, I turn off national highway #17 onto a prefectural road to get to Keith`s place in Kamishakuji, Nerima Ward. He kindly offered to put me up at his place for the next 3 days, so I`ll be able to save quite a lot on accommodation here while waiting for Eugene to arrive.
It took me quite a while to get to Kamishakuji station, primarily due to the very narrow pavements that I had to negotiate. Keith wasn`t home in the afternoon, so I had to find my own way to his place. Wasn`t too hard though, using the instructions he gave me...
Outside Plaza Kamishakuji - My hideout for the next 3 days
Relieved to have finally reached Tokyo
The rest of the afternoon was spent resting in his room and getting some groceries from the nearby supermarket - My usual routine... hahaha....

No comments: