Friday, June 22, 2007

Staying with the Uzuka`s

This morning, I took my time leaving Kumagaya City. I wasn`t scheduled to meet my hosts for the night until around 5pm int he evening, so after checking out of Chisun Inn Hotel, I went to the nearby internet cafe for a couple hours to watch a few DVD`s and surf the net.
Leaving Kumagaya City at around 2pm, it took me less than 2 hours to cover the 30km or so to Ageo City, where the Uzuka`s lived. The road to Ageo was busy with traffic, but the pavements were great to ride on! Nice and wide, and there were hardly any pedestrians at that time in the afternoon.
Nice, wide and empty pavements all the way to Ageo City
Great weather for riding
Entering Ageo City, I went to meet the Yiwei , Amy, Takeo-san and Yukiko-san at the supermarket nearby their apartment. Their home was a really cosy place with a great view of Ageo City. Takeo-san said that on clear days, they could even see Mount Fuji from their balcony!

Getting ready for dinner

In the evening, after everyone had washed up, Yukiko-san served us an extremely delicious dinner with sashimi, handrolls, `natto` and Takeo-san`s specialty - Tempura.
Takeo-san`s Tempura
Yukiko-san`s Sashimi
It was loads of fun chatting with the Uzuka`s and telling them about our life in Singapore as well as learning more about the life of a typical Japanese family. I even had lessons from Takeo-san with regards to Japanese drinking etiquette! hahaha.... (I`ll upload more photos of the delicious dinner once I get the rest of the photos from the 2 girls)

2 of Japan`s finest sake`s

`Kanpai!`

After dinner, Yukiko-san was nice enough to take out her daughters` old yutakas to let Amy and Yiwei try them on. And then of course, we took a group photo with our very kind hosts!

Me, Amy, Ikeko-san (Younger daughter), Yukiko-san, Yiwei & Takeo-san

No comments: